Barracuda announced that they will be releasing Barracuda RMM 12 SP4 to our cloud instances starting on August 2, 2021. This release introduces an integration with Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus that allows MSPs to monitor and manage through Barracuda RMM and ServiceNow Service Desk PSA for round trip updates between Barracuda RMM tickets and ServiceNow incidents. In addition to the integrations, this release also offers improvements that enhance your user experience including Microsoft and third-party software patch management, and more.
A maintenance window is required for this upgrade during which all services will be unavailable. Please plan accordingly using the schedule outlined below.
• US01/02/05: Wednesday, August 4 from 2200 – 0200 (+1) UTC-0400
• US03/04/07: Thursday, August 5 from 2200 – 0200 (+1) UTC-0400
Barracuda RMM 12 SP4 will be generally available on Thursday, August 5, 2021.
We are very excited on the 3 releases all happening this week. Lots of content!
The upcoming hotfix lays the framework for the related Mac OS support and the new ServiceNow PSA integration release. Additional details on each one are provided below.
This hotfix release contains:
– Automation file parameter increase to 25mb.
– Site Prep tool upgrades for Mac OSes Catalina and Big Sur
– Automation scripts for installation of Firefox, Chrome, and Adobe Reader products are now available for download
Mac OS Updates:
– Mac Device Managers are now supported on Catalina and Big Sur
ServiceNow PSA integration:
– Barracuda RMM now supports the ServiceNow PSA integration. This release focuses on the Event Management product. This integration includes:
– 2-way ticket sync – Creating and updating tickets in Barracuda RMM will generate appropriate events in ServiceNow. A new REST API is available in Barracuda RMM that ServiceNow can be configured to consume to send ticket updates back to.
– Asset-sync – Barracuda RMM devices can be pushed to a ServiceNow Import Set table on a schedule, where they can then be transformed into the appropriate Configuration Item (CI) tables.
Release Notes now available:
Barracuda RMM 12 SP3 Hotfix 1
English PDF: https://download.mw-rmm.barracudamsp.com/PDF/MW12.3.0/Documentation/RN_RMM_12_SP3_HF1_April2021_EN.pdf
Managed Workplace Bi-Weekly Status Reports page:
By now, you have seen the disaster that is the breach caused by the tainted SolarWinds update. Earlier today, even Microsoft confirmed that its network was hacked. SolarWinds said earlier in the week that attackers penetrated its software build system and inserted malicious code into software updates. The updates were then sent out to more than 33,000 organizations around the world, of which 18,000 actually installed the update. Among the organizations were thousands of managed service providers responsible for supporting thousands of companies.
It’s no secret that as a managed service provider, MspPortal Partners, has a vested interest in this story and potentially the organizations that were overconfident in their network security. Because the update came from what was a trusted partner, SolarWinds, more than half of those organizations targeted likely installed the update without a second thought. Unfortunately, the number and locations of the victims of this attack are likely going to grow over the next several days and weeks. Now is a time for SolarWinds customers to consider their security partners, and if a partner with a more hands-on approach can prevent these attacks from happening in the future.
MspPortal Partners, a boutique distributor of security solutions, has already started to support dozens of SolarWinds customers and is prepared to support as many as are ready to change. In addition to live training and support 24x7x365, MspPortal can add and scale accounts as needed as a result of our negotiating power with our solution providers and our bulk licensing agreements. We offer security through one of the most established and trusted platforms in the industry, and with attacks only increasing, now may be the best time to switch.
3 month migration pricing available
Contact us for more information.